Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Sweet Treat



Everyone has a favorite sweet treat, whether it be chocolate, cookies, pudding, ice cream, etc….. I too have a favorite….. cupcakes! I have such a weak spot for cupcakes. Every now and then I get the cupcake itch. I rarely take the time to bake them because then I might get the urge to eat WAY more than I should, so I hit the town and find a local bakery. Nine out of ten times I’m highly disappointed with the quality of cupcakes. Either the cake is dry or the frosting is gross…. I can never find an all around good cupcake!

This weekend I was out and about shopping with one of my lady friends when SHE got the cupcake itch… I of course couldn’t resist once she said “I really want a cupcake.” We were in Ft. Union and since I work in the area I mentioned a bakery that recently opened. So off we went to The Sweet Tooth Fairy. As we walked in I started preparing myself for another disappointing cupcake experience.

The second I opened the door into the bakery I was so happy. I felt like I had just stepped on set for an old Disney movie. This was not just a bakery but more of a parlor or old soda shop. The music, ambiance, décor, staff, everything was just right AND they happened to have the best bakery cupcake I’ve ever had. Therefore I must give my props to The Sweet Tooth Fairy, and if you haven’t been yet I say go the $3.00 cupcakes are well worth it! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment