Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Drip, Drip, Drop Little April Showers

Yesterday morning I looked out my window only to see a rainy day, I thought to myself: YAHOO, I can wear my rainboots! I skipped to my closet and pulled out my pokadot boots and put them on my size 10 feet (I know I have HUGE feet considering I’m only 5’2 ¼” ) I looked at my feet now warm and cozy with a big smile on my face.




I can think of a lot of reason why I love the rain including but not limited too:

1. It means I can wear a hoodie.
2. I love the sound of rain drops hitting my windows.
3. Watching scary movies is so much better when it’s cold and rainy out.
4. Jumping in puddles…. I should do that more often…..
5. Something about rain makes things a little more romantical.
6. The smell…. I just love the smell after it rains, so clean.
7. Rainbows, who doesn’t love a rainbow?!
8. I know the May flowers are coming (insert cheesy grin here)
9. You get to eat soup, yum!
10. Memories….

I remember my first dance performance when I was 3 years old. We danced to the song Little April Shower which was in the movie Bambi. My best friend Angela and I were late getting on stage to hide behind our umbrellas because one of us had to use the restroom (probably me but I don’t remember). We wore pink raincoats while we twirled and skipped around the stage with our umbrellas. We were so happy and proud of our awesome skills. Maybe that small memory is really why I love the rain…. Who knows, but it always makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment