Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shuffle.... But not the Truffle Shuffle... Part 2!

Quick update on me: I’m doing well tomorrow is the last day of my cleanse, woo hoo! Then it’s on to the vegetarian / vegan / raw lifestyle. I’m actually really excited about it now! That’s all I’ve really been up to for the last 1 ½ week… Lame, I know!

On to the topic. I did this a few months ago out of boredom at work…. Here I am again, super bored. So I put my ipod on shuffle and am going to write a memory or feeling about the first 10 songs that play. I’m not going to control this at all these songs are completely chosen at random… Brent – if you’re reading this… Stop right now as I’m sure you’ll HATE every song on my ipod!


1. Jack Johnson: Better Together – This song reminds me of the great Amie Lee Wood Swensen and one of my favorite summers ever! This song was her ringtone, it’s so happy and friendly. Just like Amie!
2. The Pretenders: I’ll Stand By You – I LOVE this song! It makes me so happy and yet can bring a tear to my some days. I value friendship so much and this song is the epitome of what a friend should be! I hope I’m the type of friend that will stand by someone thru all the good, bad and ugly times that life brings!
3. Guns N’ Roses: Paradise City – My first thought is the movie Can’t Hardly Wait… How sad is that?! Anyhow I think it’s definitely one of the bands greatest songs and Slash is glorious!
4. Styx: Mr. Roboto – OOOOOOO is it sad that I can’t ever get enough of this song?! No really….. I probably listen to it at least 5 times a week… And there’s a good chance I do the robot every time regardless of where I am…. Last spring I saw Styx, Foreigner and Kansas in concert and I’m not going to lie, it was amazing! Domo arigato misuta Robotto!!!
5. The Temper Trap: Sweet Disposition – This song is another goodie that I can always listen too. I find it motivating and inspiring…. It makes me think of last summer and numerous drives with my friends belting this song at the top of our lungs! Good times and great memories!
6. Tina Turner: The Best – High School!!! This was the T-ville “theme song” one year and although I was raised to love Miss Tina this song always makes me think of high school… I hate thinking of high school so that kind of sucks, but it’s still a good song!
7. Katy Perry: Thinking Of you (Live) – I hate this song! But only because it makes me cry… I won’t go into details but it 187% relates to my life… So really it’s a love / hate relationship…. Anyhow the album version sucks but the live version is really good, mostly because you can actually feel the emotion in the song!
8. Rammstein: Du Haust – hahaha this song makes me remember the years when my girl friends and I became addicted to skateboarding and skate videos…. We thought we were super cool and would all be pros one day! This song played in our most favorite video… It’s a really creepy song though..
9. T.V. Caprio: I Want To Hold Your Hand – This version of the Beatles classic is actually my favorite version ever! I even MADE my best friend walk down the aisle at her wedding to it…. Plus I love the Beatles and the movie Across the Universe. I think this is the PERFECT love song!
10. Outkast: Hey Ya – Happiest song ever… Well maybe not ever, but it’s up there. I remember the first time I saw this music video.. I was at the bar with my “dude friends” and it started playing…. I’m not kidding when I tell you the entire bar stopped whatever they were doing to stare at the tv! Jaws were dropped and smiles were huge… It makes me laugh. I still love this song.

Bonus Track – you can’t have music without a bonus track right?!
11. Journey: Faithfully – okay really this is one of my all time favorites. One of the best memories I have of this song was at a Journey concert a few years back. I was there with my two of my great friends since elementary: Dawn Donaldson (1st grade) and Chandra Bowels (4th grade) plus Mary Farrer who I met at work about 7 years ago. I love these ladies with all of my heart. We’ve all been through so much together. We may have had a few drinks that night… Maybe… When they sang this song we found ourselves hugging having an “I love you man” moment! Looking back it was so cheesy, but it was the truth that we will faithfully be there for one another forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment