Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Color Code

During my freshman year of college I was on Student Government at UVU (then UVSC) and in one of our leadership classes we were all given the book The Color Code. Basically it’s a series of questions that help you figure out your personality type, which is then classified into 4 colors:

Red – power, logic, determination, money oriented and visionaries
Blue – service, nurturing, loyal, ethical, dependable, thoughtful
White – peaceful, patient, content, the voice of reason
Yellow – fun, enthusiastic, carefree and optimistic

Most people have one dominant color with a small mix of the other colors on the side… That was me, can you guess what color I was?!

YELLOW!!!! Who would have thought?! I was about 80% yellow, 10% blue with a about 5% of both white and red.

Last night while doing a little spring cleaning I found my old book. I decided to re-take the test since it’s been a little over 10 years since my first color coding experience. I looked at the results and was surprised and a little relieved that even I Kristi Cartwright had grown up a bit…. I’m now about 60% blue, 20% yellow, 10% white and 5% red…

I’m not going to lie, it made me smile that I still had that much yellow in me, I thought I lost a lot of it!

3 comments:

  1. Of course you have yellow...You are asian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this is the test I'm most familiar with. I've taken it many times over the years, and it's interesting how I've changed. I started off essentially being pure yellow, but now my yellow, red, and blue are almost equal, with a very small pinch of white. Well, that may not even be true anymore. I haven't taken the test in a long time, so who knows!

    ReplyDelete