Friday, March 4, 2011

My love for the Banff Film Festival!

I love extreme sports, I always have and I always will. For the past 5ish years I’ve been attending the Banff Film Festival tour when it comes to SLC. Basically this film tour highlights the best of the best extreme sports videos. Everything from kayaking, kite boarding, snowboarding, skiing, long boarding, bouldering, dirt biking, surfing…. You get the picture, all of the good stuff. Some of the videos are less than 5 minutes long while others last 30-40 minutes. I look forward to this event all year. It gets my adrenaline rushing and makes me want to do awesomely, radical things. This year I’ve been busy so I was only able to attend the last night. It’s called Radical Reels, it pretty much the best of the best videos. They showed 9 different films my favorites were:

1. Second Nature – this was a long boarding video, these guys were riding 60-70mph down a mountain while filming it themselves with a handheld camera, and they were wearing sweet blue suits!! I was freaking out, super gnarly!
2. Cross-Country Snowboarding – Hilarious!!! These guys were so funny, I want to be friends with them, nough said!
3. The Storming – of course I loved this, it was a great snowboarding vid that featured some of my fav. lady riders. They rocked it with some sweet moves!

All of the films were fun and inspiring but these were my favs. You should check out the trailers at:

http://www.banffcentre.ca/mountainfestival/worldtour/radicalreels/#2

But here my friends is the trailer for Radical Reels 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Adrenaline ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush! That is all. :-)

    ReplyDelete