Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Classic Kristi.....

I’m accident prone, everyone that knows me knows this!

Friday I went to dinner with a couple of my lady friends from my old job. I got home around 8:00pm and didn’t feel like I should be “in” for the night. So I told my roomie Adam that I would hit the town with him and the crew. This is something that hardly ever happens anymore, but I was all dressed up with nowhere to go so I thought why not?!

I was wearing my favorite holey jeans, a fantastic dolman top, my favorite owl necklace and my brand new designer shoes! ßhappy to say I can check THAT off my dirty thirty list!!! My hair was curly just the way I like it and I don’t want to brag but my smokey eye’s were basically to die for. I had put way too much effort into this look, I mean that was a whole 30 minutes out of my life, so I should live it up!!!



We started the night at Dick & Dixie’s, a fun little bar across the street. We then headed to a fun little nook called Cheers to you which has karaoke on Friday’s. It was there that we met up with my buddies Trevor, James and some other dude who’s name I can’t remember. My good friend since elementary school Chandra even came out. I also ran into my old neighbor Erin Bodine, I can’t believe she’s old enough to go to bars!!! We hung out there for a while then decided to check out Gracie’s….

It was the trek to Gracie’s that almost led me to my death, not really but let’s just pretend. It had started snowing and I had no coat. I was soooo cold we just wanted to get there quick. So we start running. We approach a stop light on 400 south and West Temple, we’re almost there. Adam and Chandra take off running up West Temple while I decide to cross at the light…. I was in the running through the middle of the intersection when my heel catches in a pot hole and I fall to my knee.. I quickly jump up and continue running. I must say I feel that it was pretty smooth fall, even though it was super embarrassing! When I get to the other side of the street I take a look at my knee to see the damage. It was already bruising and bleeding, awesome! I meet up with Adam and Chandra at the bar (less than ½ block away) I show them the damage and the laughter breaks out…. We walk into the bar and my hair which had earlier had superb volume and curls was now wet and straight… sad. All was well and it was still a good night.




It got pretty swollen...



Then my bad luck continues last night… I was walking out of the mall at a pedestrian cross-walk. I look both ways and it’s clear so I walk towards the parking lot. A car is headed my direction out of one of the lanes. They stop and look left, it’s clear. They never look right, so as the make their right turn they run right into me!!! I’m fine no injuries except minor bruising but seriously who just drives into a person!!! They didn’t even stop or get out of the car. The lady just looked at me to notice if I was okay and shrugged her shoulders as she drove away. That’s a hit and run lady!!! Anyhow all is well.

Have you ever seen the movie little giants? I think I should walk around in a padded suit like that little boy at all times!!! Just sayin’. Anyhow both moments are now funny memories and can go down in my list of Classic Kristi Moments!!

4 comments:

  1. I just have to tell you that it is an absolute joy reading your blog. I love ALL of it!!!! I love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ang!! I love you back! We need to get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title of this post definitely sums up the experience. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Brent... You actually inspired the title of the post my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete