Monday, March 21, 2011

Denver!

I just got home from one of the most fun girls trips ever!!! Linda, Britney, Maylee, Nichole, Monica and Samantha – I love you ladies, I can’t wait until our next semi-annual girls trip!!!




Wednesday:
Right after work I rushed to the airport so I could catch my flight. Only to find that the TSA had completely stopped the security line! So for almost 45 minutes I just had to stand in a non-moving line which super sucked but it was okay. I learned later that there was a security breach because some lady grabbed her bag that was supposed to go through a second screening…. REALLY, everything shut down for that?!?!?!?! Anywho I got through the line and met up with my besties Linda and Britney, soon enough we were on our way. Once we arrived in Denver we hurried to drop our bags off at the hotel so we could meet up with the ladies from Tucson. We wandered the streets of Downtown Denver until we found the bar Fainting Goat. It was just my type of place! Kind of a dive bar, really low key BUT they had shuffleboard – SOLD!!! The best part was seeing Maylee and Nichole, it had been over a year since I had seen either of these fabulous chicks. I met Samantha and Monica and right away I knew we were going to have a blast! We all caught up, played some shuffleboard and grabbed a bite to eat, super casual but just the right amount of fun after a long day of work and traveling. Then we decided to check out another bar called Charlie Brown. It was lame and we met some crazy dudes that were super annoying. So far we loved Denver but had decided that the people of Denver were all socially awkward!! We made it back to the hotel about 1am so we could wake up the next morning.

Thursday:
Happy St. Patties!!! Maylee surprised us with green mustaches to wear on St. Patties and let me tell you they were a HUGE hit! We decided to walk from our hotel to the Denver Zoo wearing our fantastic mustaches, cars were honking, people wanted pictures, construction workers stopped production. So much fun until they started to itch about 7-8 blocks into our journey, the staches had to go…… According to our iphones, the zoo was only 2.5 miles however in real life this was not the case, we walked for about 1.5 hours before we got to the zoo. I’m not kidding when I say it was at least 6 miles! Now a 6 mile walk would normally be fine and dandy but none of us were wearing very good shoes therefore by the time we actually got to the zoo we didn’t want to walk around the zoo…. But we did…. It was a really nice zoo, except for one of the apes was really creepy, oh the story I could tell….. But I won’t because it’s disgusting!! I think the tigers were my favorite part and the geese were definitely my least favorite part.





After the zoo we took a cab over to the Irish Snug, we got there at 1pm and it was already super busy. The food wasn’t good but the crowd was entertaining. Our poor little Linda had a little too much to drink, so we called her boyfriend to come pick her up on his way home from work (he lives in Denver). Maylee was walking her out to Steve’s car when they passed one of the security guards at this point Linda was crying so he was about to ask if she was okay when she wailed “I DON’T WANT TO GO HOME, I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS!!!!!” maybe one of the best quotes of our trip. Poor Steve was the one who was stuck taking care of her that night…. Too funny! By 9pm we were all hungry and exhausted so we made our way back to the hotel.





Friday:
Shopping at the 16th Street Mall and lunch at Rialto Café with the ladies was a good way to spend our early afternoon. Then we had a walking beer tour through the streets of Downtown Denver.

Starting off the Great Divide Tap Room we met our tour guide, we’re all convinced that he’s a leprechaun in disguise… I’m not kidding… The people that work at the Great Divide might just be the happiest people ever! Plus they gave us ladies some free food – ahhh how nice. They showed us around the brewery so we could see the full process. Being that I used to work in a production environment I found the “bottling room” to be fascinating. We then headed to Breckenridge Brewery, Wynkoop Brewing Co. and Rock Bottom Brewery plus on the way I got to see Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies… I love baseball so I was ecstatic!








After getting ready for the evening we had dinner at Lala’s Wine Bar where my friends sang happy birthday to me and Samantha. Then we went to check out a club called The Church – however it was scary so we ended up at a place called The Tavern. More shuffleboard was played and the birthday girls dominated! Monica was probably a little too drunk when she let possibly the ugliest guy every (he had shaved eyebrows) kiss her… Seriously almost the entire bar yelled “NOOOOOOOO” when it happened. You had to be there but it was hilarious. After a long fun field day I was ready for bed.






Saturday:
The day started off really slow, I’m not sure why. We walked around the 16th Street Mall again and had some lunch at Earls. Then the best part came…. Linda’s boyfriend Steve and his boss Sean took us to ride go-karts!!!! So much fun, I super sucked but holy crap it was a BLAST!!!!





That night we had a wonderful dinner at Venice Restaurant & Wine bar. I was so sad that it was our last night in Denver. After dinner Steve and Sean too us to a really “hip” club called Beta. Where we had a V.I.P. table and lot’s of booze on hand to anyone that wanted it… I think there were 2-3 bottles of grey goose, patron and champagne plus anything you might want to mix them with. We danced and laughed… But soon enough myself, Britney and Maylee left since Britney and I had early flights the next morning.








All in all the trip was a success, I loved it so much!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I love all the picture...you seriously are stunning Kristi! I hope you have the best birthday tomorrow...somedays it's crazy to think the car-pooling days have come to an end, and my memories are your water bed become more and more vague. But with each chapter come amazing experiences...it's just weird being the "mom" sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like U ladies had quite the trip! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun!!! How come there is only one blonde in the group. Maybe we should add another.;)

    ReplyDelete