Friday, January 27, 2012

Lunch Date Fail!

I just got in from a rather strange lunch date. The guy seemed nice enough and completely harmless, however I knew from the moment we started talking that I wouldn’t be interested in him. Sadly I could tell that he wasn’t douchey enough for my liking. But it’s Friday and didn’t have any lunch plans so I decided to just go meet up for a quick bite.

My first problem with him was that he was wearing a hat… I don’t think hats should be worn on a first date unless you’re at a rodeo or playing in the snow… Jus sayin. My second problem was that he was wearing a Mr. Rogers sweater, not in a hipster I can pull it off kind of a way. But in an old man sweater kind of way… The biggest problem however was is lack of personality and sense of humor. From the time we said hello I was ready for the goodbye.

We sit down and start with the small chat. He asks me why l like living downtown. So of course I explained how I love being able to walk places and that I prefer dining at local restaurants over chain restaurants but mostly that I was just a city girl and that suburbia is just not my thing…. He then leaned back and threw both of his hands in the air while he yelled “WELL CLEARLY THIS ISN’T GOING TO WORK!!!!” hahaha I was taken back I’ve never had someone get mad because I enjoy my city life. That was definitely a first!

After his tantrum he started talking about relationships… Primarily his ex-wife. Apparently during the time they were married she was a horrible wife because in his words “she couldn’t balance working full-time, cleaning and cooking a two bedroom apartment, I should have known not to marry her.” Really?! You can’t help with anything you just work full-time, expect her to do the same AND take care of everything else…. No wonder your marriage failed.

Finally his woman bashing came to an end and he asked the question: “you know I expect you to buy our lunch right?” to which I replied “I will gladly pay for myself.” I dropped my portion of the bill and my tip and hit the door. I guess I was wrong, he’s a total douche just not the type of douche traits I like to date!


*Just to clarify it's not that I like dating douche bags, it's more I like a little sass but I don't like calling guys sassy. :)

1 comment:

  1. This totally made me laugh! Thanks for sharing. The guy sounds like a total freak!

    ReplyDelete