Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who is this girl????

Hi friends! So I still suck at blogging. I don’t know what I’m doing and I get busy and forget to update it. However I thought I’d give you a little update and a preview of some upcoming events in my life.

Past and Present
From the time I graduated high school (10 years ago) up until 1 year ago I was partying like a maniac. Always dancing, drinking and just having a good time. I made so many amazing memories and fantastic friendships that will be with me forever. I learned what it meant to fall in love and to have my heart broken. I started a lot of things but never fully completed them. Somewhere in the middle of the party I completely lost who I was.

Almost 2 years ago I realized that although I loved the party I needed to re-find myself and set life goals. I also felt that religion was missing from my life. Being that I’m from Utah I automatically decided that I couldn’t be a Mormon as I thought that was the “easy way out.” So I started to study a lot of random religions. Nothing too in-depth, I just bought random books that had “the basics” from good ole Barnes & Noble. I found a lot of amazing things in many religions but nothing was sticking. So finally I decided to buy a history book about the LDS religion. Even though I’ve technically been a member my entire life I really have not known anything about the religion. It was a VERY short and simple book, but for some reason when I finished reading it I still wanted more. So I continued a journey to learn about the LDS church. I finally gave in and decided to become an active member.

Almost exactly 1 year ago I gave up the lifestyle that I knew and stopped drinking. It was both easy and hard at the same time. Easy because it was for something that I knew I believed in and hard because my friends and family weren’t big fans of my decision. Although I haven’t lost any friends from this decision I do feel very distant from them. I have lost one of my brothers who does not agree with my decision. Last spring he actually “blew up” and went to jail for battery after attacking me because of my decision.

I’ve become very active in my singles ward and am currently preparing to go through the LDS temple. Yes, I Kristi Cartwright will be one of those garment wearing weirdo’s! I have to admit that I’m really excited about it.

Besides the religion thing I have had another big change in my life. As of January 1, 2011 I no longer work for Basic Research, I am a proud member of the sales team at FedEx. It’s a really exciting and nerve racking change for me. Since I started my new job I’ve found a new outlook on life. I have so many goals that I can and will reach.

Future
I turn the big dirty 30 on March 22, 2012 and I’ve made myself a “to do list” that must be completed before my 30th birthday. So this is where the fun begins! Here are some of my upcoming plans:

1. Hot air balloon ride
2. Read Bible/BOM
3. Send a post card to Post secret
4. Go on a vacation
5. Road trip
6. Run a 5k
7. Yankees game
8. Grand canyon
9. Go on a hike
10. Camping
11. Volunteer
12. Learn to play at least 1 song on the guitar
13. Raiders Game
14. Lakers Game
15. Go to a Play
16. Go to a dance concert
17. Buy a new designer purse
18. Sing karaoke
19. Sleep under the stars
20. Visit the Copper Mines
21. Hot springs
22. Golfing
23. Frisbee Golf
24. Take Yoga classes
25. Take a cooking class
26. Ride a mechanical bull
27. Buy designer heels
28. Learn a language
29. Ride a bike
30. Be debt free
31. Watch a meteor shower
32. Float down a river
33. Shoot a gun
34. Shoot the tube
35. Go to Yellowstone
36. Surf
37. Charity
38. Jazz or classical show
39. Catch a fish
40. Live on my own
41. Moab/goblin valley
42. Eat vegetarian 30 days


The best thing that almost all of these are going to be super easy for me to achieve!!! Wish me luck and lets go on some adventures!!!

Much love,
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment