Monday, January 24, 2011

Don’t think I’m above being a little judgey!

Last week was pretty fun. I went to dinner with some friends on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Friday I went to the January Gallery Stroll. I look forward to the gallery stroll every month. I think it’s so fun to stroll around downtown and see all the creative ideas people come up with, even if their art isn’t my cup of tea. Anyhow this month there were some great pieces. My favorite exhibit this month was at Brand32Design (335 W. Pierpont) The artist Brandon Gregersen used his metal working skills to create really urban inspired plant holders. I know I’m not making this sound cool, but it was actually awesome, his work was beautiful and honest. I also enjoyed Kayo Gallery and Saan’s Gallery both usually bring happiness to my heart. Also the clothing store Fice had a great display of photographs of hip-hops artists such as the Beastie Boys, Run RMC, Jay-Z and many others.

Saturday night I had the pleasure to attend a housewarming party for my friend Megan. Her home is so cute and I’m very excited for her. I also went to a comedy show at Wiseguys. It was really fun, I haven’t been to a comedy show it a really long time.

If you’re friends with me then you probably know that I’m a fan of dining out. Not every day because that would just be disgusting. But I do like go grab dinner with friends once or twice a week. I’m a big fan of trying new local places. People are always asking me for ideas of where to eat. So I’ve decided to become my own little food critic. I’m a nerd I know, but maybe I can help you find the right place to dine on your budget for that “special occasion.”

Restaurant: The Copper Onion – 111 East Broadway, Salt Lake City, UT, 84111

I live right down the street from the Copper Onion, it opened about a year ago (ish) and it’s always packed. I’ve looked at the menu several times but it never looked amazing for the price. Finally one of my girl friends and I decided to give it a go. We got there about 7:15 on a Tuesday and had about a 30 minute wait, not too bad considering it was “prime dinning time.” The atmosphere was cute and trendy. The tables were really close together but somehow it still managed to feel like an “intimate” yet loud dining setting. After looking over the menu. I ordered the Spicy Marinara, I have to say it was good, although there was nothing spicy about it. Mostly it was just spaghetti, nothing too special and the portions were small. I don’t mind small portions because I don’t usually eat much anyways, but sometimes it’s nice to have leftovers. We then decided to order dessert and I don’t know what it was called, it was a flourless chocolate something… Whatever it is I don’t recommend it, it was disgusting! I know I’m not a big fan of chocolate to begin with but it was so sweet and just gross.

So my overall opinion = it’s okay, but there are much better places I’d rather spend my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment