Thursday, January 27, 2011

shuffle - but not the truffle shuffle....

I decided to put my ipod on shuffle and tell you what the first 10 songs remind me of… Can you tell I’m really slow at work?!


1. Paramore – I Caught Myself – yes I own all of the Twilight albums… I think the music selection for these movies is awesome, much better than the movies themselves. I saw Paramore in concert they opened for No Doubt and this song reminds me of that… Most people weren’t cheering until they played “a twilight song” then the crowds went crazy. I love Paramore!!
2. Naughty By Nature – O.P.P – this song reminds me of growing up! How can you not get happy when you sing “you down with O.P.P.?!” and what about the sister act version “you down with G.O.D.” that’s a classic!
3. B-Hamp – Do the Ricky Bobby – one of the WORST songs ever! It reminds me of my roomie Beth, we went to a Bee’s game and it played each time one of the players (I don’t know who) would walk up to bat. It’s incredibly stupid, but the memory of Beth and I yelling “ricky – bobby – ricky – bobby” is just funny to me.
4. From Autumn to Ashes – Autumn’s Monologue – such a beautiful and sad song. It reminds me of a breakup I went through. The lyrics “oh why can’t I be what you need? A new improved version of me” still bring tears to my eyes, even though I’ve been over the relationship for years and years! Weird how a song can bring back so many emotions.
5. Incubus – Warning – ahhhh my favorite band! I have a million memories of this song: waiting in line for 12 hours to be in the front of the concert, breaking my nose, road trip to vegas to see them play, seeing Incubus open for 311, my celebrity crush on Brandon Boyd, I could keep going but I won’t. I just love their music and his voice, this is one of those songs I will never get enough of.
6. Maria Taylor – Clean Getaway – this is a great “independence” song. It’s about breaking away from your life and trying something new. It sounds sad but it’s not! It’s so simple and it inspires me to “make a clean getaway” and make it on my own.
7. Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby – oh man this is a classic! I had dinner with Robert VanWinkle one time. I’m not just kidding, we ate at applebees and I saw him and M.C. Hammer perform in Provo the next night. It was awesome, I’m a fan!!!
8. Sarah McLachlan – Ice Cream – such a sweet song about love, “your love is better than ice cream.” I don’t even like ice cream but I love this. If I ever fall in love again I hope to find love that’s better than pineapple!
9. Dolly Parton – Jolene – Best Dolly Parton song ever! I’m not just kidding when I say I listen to this song almost daily! I love how vulnerable she is in this song.
10. Billy Idol – Dancing With Myself – oh my gosh another song that I just love, who doesn’t dance by themselves?! I do it all the time and it makes me feel so much better at life. I wish I had a montage of my life to this song!
11. 50 Cent – In Da Club – I’m having too much fun with this, I had to do 1 more song…. This reminds me of turning 21! The song was huge and I’m short… Yes we played this a million times at my pimp and hoe birthday party! What a hit!!!

3 comments:

  1. KRISTI CARTWRIGHT!!!!! I am just reading your blog and I am so DANG PROUD OF YOu!!! you amaze!!! Please oh please let me know when you are going through the temple!!! It takes a lot of guts to stand up for something that you believe in! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi~
    I LOVE it!! I am having SO much fun reading your blog this week, you are such a good,creative writer & I know it is all your fun personality! Please keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandilla!!! I will for sure let you know, it will probably be in March sometime.

    Q - I'm trying super hard, just for you! Thanks for always giving me a good guilt trip about my lack of blogging!

    ReplyDelete