Monday, January 31, 2011

Good times with good friends

So this last weekend was great. Friday I went to dinner with two of my besties: Ashley and Britney. We went to our “favorite ghetto Mexican restaurant” and had a chance to catch up. Ashley is preggers and she finally has a cute little baby bump! So stinking cute!!! I love every moment I get to spend with my girls.

After dinner I went to our first “Friday Fun-ness” at my friend Candace’s place. It was a small group of about 5 people from my church and we just hungout, laughed and enjoyed the company of each other. I think I’ll host next month and have a Wii Olympics or something like that.

Saturday was a big hit! I woke up and thought to myself “ah man, I’m running a 5k in April and I haven’t started training yet, I suck at life!” so I went running. Now let me tell you…. As a kid from elementary through High School I had really bad asthma. I was never able to run a mile – ultra lame, I know! So this 5k business is kind of a big deal to me, which is why it’s on my dirty thirty list of things to do. So off to the gym I went… I ran 2 miles which is good considering I’ve never ran a mile non-stop in my life… The crappy part was that it took me 22 minutes… 22!!!! That’s horrible an 11 minute mile, I suck!!! The good thing is that I felt okay, I haven’t been sore and I feel as though I could have ran the 3rd mile. Anyhow I’m going to keep training and increase my endurance and decrease my time. I’ll keep y’all posted on my progress.

I also finished ready the B.O.M. for the 2nd time – that’s right I get to check something off my dirty thirty list! I’m super excited about it!

That night I met up with an old friend from BR and we went line dancing at the Westerner, so much fun. They have a mechanical bull there, unfortunately the line was super long so I didn’t ride it. However I will go back soon and check that baby off my list too! Line dancing is so cheesy but I think it’s super fun either way. I left after a couple of hours and went to meet up with my roomie (because I never “go out” with my dude friends anymore). We started at the Jackalope, it little dive bar downtown but they play great music on Saturdays. Adam and Trevor were so excited I was there that it was actually really cute. Then we walked around the corner to the Green Pig Pub, along the way I had to ride the cement lion (picture below). I love those guys, I really should put in the effort and go out with them more.

Yesterday I went to church where I started my temple prep class. I’m really excited and I only have 5 classes left until I can go through, YAHOO!!! Then I met up with my friends, who I like to call the Asian Mafia, to celebrate Linda Lou’s birthday. I love her so much, she can always brighten my day. I’m so lucky to be able to call her my friend. All in all it was a great weekend.

As for today I just booked my trip to North Carolina, I leave next Monday. - my good pal Dawn and I believe that January is the last FULL month of winter. Since February is a short month and spring begins in March… So my friends, happy last day of the last FULL month of winter!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Why are you going to N.C? It is really pretty there. I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm going to NC for work, I have some training to do. I'm really excited I've heard it's really nice. Plus I have a friend that lives out there so after work he can show me around!!

    ReplyDelete