Monday, May 2, 2011

Modern Day Petroglyphs

Back in my early 20’s I was a pretty cool kid, at least in my own little world. I worked for a radio station along with some snowboarding companies and from these gigs I spent A LOT of my time at concerts and local events. I helped small bands try to make a name for themselves while passing through Salt Lake in their beat up mini vans. Most of them never amounted to much in the music industry and some of them have grown to be large and fairly well known bands, in a small way I’m one of the many people who contributed to their success.

At some point I fell away from “the scene” and moved on with my life to. However I still have many of these connections and sometimes I find myself being invited to shows or events and on very rare occasions I even receive thanks and appreciation from these bands.

This last weekend I was invited to good ole Kilby Court so see an old friends younger brother play, I thought to myself “why the hell not?!” I’ve maybe been to Kilby 2-3 times in the last 7-8 years so being there definitely took me back in time…. As I was catching up with my buddy I randomly looked at the wall, only to find a message I wrote to the world nearly a decade ago…




I’m not going to lie, I think it’s still true today =)

1 comment: