Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One day I want to be like Martha.... I need to keep practicing!

So I really want to be like Martha Stewart one day minus the jail time. However I rarely take the time to do crafty, cute things. I’ve been trying lately and here’s one of the things I’ve come up with…. Hopefully I’ll get better one day!

This is the diaper cake I made for my friend Missy’s baby shower, it was really easy it only took me about 15 minutes. Which is good because I was running really late. Next time I make one of these I definitely want to spend a little more time.




I’m also a fan of cooking, however in this case I was only preparing as it was a RAW inspired meal. My friend from church really wanted to try some of my favorite raw foods. I should have put these in cute cups or something for presentation purposes but oh well maybe next time. Here’s the recipe for my tabouli I don’t remember what exactly I put in the fruit salad right now… I suck!

Fruit Salad




Tabouli
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch parsley
2 tomatoes
1-2 avocados
1 lemon
½ cup sliced almonds
Honey

Easiest raw meal ever, simply chop the cilantro and parsley. Dice the tomatoes and avocado. Mix cilantro, parsley, tomatoes, avocados and almonds together. Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the top and add some honey to help everything stick together. Mix it up and wa-la it’s ready to serve. I personally like to eat this as a lettuce wrap, however it’s also good on crackers or by itself. Plus you can switch it up and add cucumbers or other seasonings to change the flavors.



And finally my visiting teaching partner and I made cupcakes!!! It was her family recipe and they were yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment