Tuesday, June 30, 2009

RAW!!!!

About 2 years ago some of my girlfriends and I stumbled across a raw foods restaurant and decided to give it a go. Instantly we all fell in love. In my mind raw food was just too simple such as eating carrots or an apple. This place opened my eyes to so many delicious foods. I had no idea that you could make a raw pizza or pasta. Not only was the food great but the employee’s seem to love food, their jobs and just people in general. We’ve since gone back several times.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at the lifelong learning programs offered thru the University of Utah and found that they had a raw foods class available. To make it better the owner of our favorite spot was teaching the class. So of course we signed up.

This class was so inspirational. We learned some awesome tricks on how to prepare these type of meals on our own. We also got to taste a bunch of Omar’s creations. He is such an amazing person. He truly loves life, people and food. He’s possibly the most genuine individual I’ve ever had the chance to meet. You know how when people meet a prophet or pope they say that person has an amazing presence? Well that’s the feeling I got from Omar! I was in total awe of him. I can’t believe that someone only 2 years older than me is that wise and inspirational.

The very next day after the class I decided that I want to attempt to eat raw for 30 days. So I bought 2 recipe books and as of right now I’ve started eating about 60-70% raw. My two girlfriends have decided to join me on my raw quest. We’ve even come up with a great way to have girls nights. Since most recipes make 6-8 servings we are planning on having non-cooking, cooking parties once or twice a week. Each of us will bring the ingredients to prepare one or two meals. We will then split them up between ourselves giving each of us a larger variety of foods to try.

I think it’s going to be a great way to us to motivate each other, hangout, be healthy and try new foods. I’m not sure when we’re officially going to kick off our 30 days together but so far I feel great! I can’t wait to go 100% I’ll keep y’all posted on how things go!

3 comments:

  1. sounds fun! Remember Merilee Miller and how she lost like tons and tons of weight. I am pretty sure that is how she lost was by eating raw. Don;t qoute me on that! But Im 90% sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mna I keep screwing up not merilee miller merilee webb that one choir lady in our ward!!!

    ReplyDelete