Friday, June 12, 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to the movie!

The funniest thing happened on Sunday. My friends and I were out to dinner enjoying some delicious pizza at Stone Ground when we decided we should go see the movie The Hangover. I wasn’t all that excited to watch it but I was having a good time with my friends so I decided to go. Myself and my friend Dawn were riding in my car while our other two friends, Adam and Mary, were riding in his car. Adam decided he wanted to stop at a gas station before heading to the flick, so we pull into the Chevron on 9th south and State. As we were preparing to back up I was watching Adam in my rear view mirror (so I could make sure I didn’t run his car over) as he was reversing I noticed some of the other people around. There was a man putting air in his tires, 3 early 20’s kids sitting on the hood of their car hanging out and a few other people filling their tanks and or walking thru the parking lot. When all of a sudden there was an extremely loud “BANG” it sounded like a gun. The sound scared me and I jumped at the same time I noticed the man putting air in his tires and literally jumped into the trunk of his car, and 2 people were laying face down on the ground. Everyone thought they were being attached. I looked over at Adam and Mary to make sure they were okay and Adam was getting out of his car. He popped the hood and to our surprise it wasn’t a gun at all, his car battery blew up. You might think I’m kidding, but I promise you that I’m not. There were 2 holes on the top of the battery and one side had completely blown off. We just started laughing we had never heard of this happening before. So of course we call our friend Brandon who knows everything about cars and he has never heard of this happening either. Luckily there was an Auto Zone less than a block away so we were able to easily get a new battery. All I know is that I will never forget the image of the man jumping into the truck of his car in fear of his life. It was a hilarious and priceless moment, at least to those of us that witnessed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment