Monday, February 3, 2014

Scrub-a-dub-dub



I’ll admit I’ve fallen off the blogwagon for a minute. I’ve always been terrible about journaling and my memory is already turning to shit. So I MUST KEEP BLOGGING because life is exciting and I don’t want to forget this stuff! So let me rewind a couple of months to a very special purchase. I bought my very first condo. It’s still weird to me that I’m a home owner! It’s nothing big and fancy just a humble 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom place in Murray.  So I’ve spent some time decorating and stuff. Here are some before and after photos. 

My first big project was the main bathroom. I hated the paint, Like HATED it. My friend and now roommate described it perfectly when she said 'it looks like someone got poop on their hands and smeared it all over the place!' Really though, the picture doesn't show you how bad it was. 


So in typical Kristi Cartwright Fashion I decided to make a pretty drastic, bold and bright change. Starting with the paint I went for Mint. I knew it with either be an awesome or completely terrible idea. I might have a biased opinion but I think it turned out great. It livens the space up and feels fresh and clean. I also found a great shower curtain, again it's very bold but I like how it compliments my color choice. Lastly I added a couple of shelves above the toiled and replaced a towel rack on the other wall (not shown above) with hooks. 




Since this is the only bath/shower in the condo space and storage is an issue. Especially in a shower shared by two women. So I got a little creative (at least in my opinion) and I added hooks inside the shower. From the hooks I hung two storage racks so we each have our very own organized space. It helps keeps the clutter contained and the space cleaner I think. 


Off my bedroom I have a private 1/2 bath so besides the shower this space belongs to my roommate. I didn't want to fully take over with my decorating so I added just a couple of decorative items and left the rest free for her items. 

I still have some pictures I need to frame and hang above the towel hooks and of course I need to frame the mirror but this project only took me a couple of hours and I think it's made a big difference.

Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment