Monday, February 3, 2014

Girls Best Friend

Life is full of changes. Not only have I recently upped my life and bought a condo in suburbia but I also fell in love.... I fell in love with a four legged, furry, friend. His name is Copper and he has become my best friend.

I've always loved dogs and I've wanted one for a long time, but I couldn't have one at my downtown apartment. When I bought my condo I had decided that I would buy a puppy for my birthday in March, as I knew I would be traveling at the beginning of the year for work and that it would be easier to potty train in the spring than winter. But then on December 23rd came along. The week of Christmas is always dead slow for me at work and for whatever reason I logged onto KSL.com to look at the classifieds. I soon found myself in the dog section and that's when I saw this cute face.


I knew immediately that this was my dog! So I drove 4 hours to Ely, Nevada to pick him up. His name is Copper he's 3 (almost 4) years old. He is very well trained but was neglected emotionally by his first owner. His original owner sold him (why I don't know) only a week earlier to the sweet family I bought him from. They too fell in love with him. He's so sweet. They took him home and it turns out that Copper was scared of their 2 year old child and their very hyper lab. So after a week they decided to find a home that would be a better fit for him. He was scared at first but by the time I got him back to Salt Lake I think he knew he had found his forever home.




I'll be honest, I've turned into a crazy dog lady. I ditch my social life just to hang out with him and I take a million pictures of him. He's just so effing cute! He loves to tuck himself into my bed, cuddle and go on walks. If I'm in the room it's rare that he's not sitting on or next to me. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Yes, I'm that cheesy.



I of course want him to be a social dog but so far I've only introduced him to one friend. Dylan, they are both selfish and don't like sharing their attention but besides that they seem to like each other enough.



Any how that's copper, you'll probably see a lot of him in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment