Monday, September 12, 2011

Well summer is coming to an end and I’ve been lousy and blogging lately. I guess I’m in a writing rut! So here is how I’ve ended my summer…

First off here are the pics of whitewater rafting in Jackson Hole. It was so much fun, I want to go again!








Every summer there are a ton of concerts but there is only one that all of my friends can agree to go too… That would be 311, so of course I went and had a blast as always.


My roomie and I visited the zoo to check out the dinosaur exhibit…















I haven’t seen the movie Tangled but I hear it’s great. Anyhow I was invited to a “Lighting of the Lanterns” inspired by the movie. I went and had a blast… The pictures don’t do it any justice but what a great and fun experience!








Utes football started Yahoo!!!






Finally I spent Labor Day weekend visiting my best friend Mary up in Oregon. We had a blast!

Friday:
We met downtown and explored the city. Grabbed a bite to eat then headed for Vancouver, Washington where her boyfriend lives. We spent the evening listening to his band practice, picking wild black berries, going for a nature walk, watching the sun set and playing games with all of her friends.











Saturday:
We hiked to Naked Falls, Washington where we were able to do some swimming and soak up the sun. The we went to lunch on the harbor and got to watch all of the sail boats. That night we were exhausted so we just grabbed a movie and stayed in.











Sunday:
We went back to Vancouver, Washington and played some beach volleyball and played in the water. Then we headed to Portland where we explored the Pearl District which was super artsy and cool. We went into an art college and got to watch interpretive dancers haha it was hilarious. Then we went to Harvey’s Comedy Club and laughed our faces off.








Monday:
We had a ton to do. We started off by visiting a logging museum where we took a bunch of pictures and played on all of the old equipment.














Then we headed to Cannon Beach where you see the 2 big rocks in the movie Goonies. It was low tide so we were able to find a bunch of potholes filled with crabs, starfish, clams, fish and other little goodies then.









Our next stop was Shipwreck Beach (I can’t remember the real name) this was super cool. There’s this huge ship that wreck a long time ago. Most of it is under the sand however along the beach parts of it stick up. The very front of the ship is really cool and you can climb all over it (yes I’m worse than a little kid) then you randomly see other tubes and stuff sticking out. It was really awesome. We also attempted to build a sand castle complete with a zen garden and animal guards haha while we were there.













After that we stopped quickly in the city of Warrenton for a good view of the coast.





Finally our last stop was in Astoria, home of the Goonies and Kindergarten Cop. We saw the Goonie house and the school in Kindergarten Cop. Then we went down to the Rogue Brewery where we had dinner and watched the harbor. There were a ton of sea lions near the dock so we went and watched them lounge around and there were even a few fights among them.










It was a great weekend away filled with much needed time with my best friend and also fun meeting her new friends.

Peace Out Summer 2011 it’s been a big hit!

1 comment: