Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Last week was a blasty, blast! I wish I had taken more pictures, but I didn’t so I’ll just have to tell you about it.

Monday – I went to dinner with my old friends Tasha, Darcy and Jenny. Following dinner we headed back to Darcy’s house where we played a round of a “new to me” game called Mexican horse shoes. It was a team game and I was paired up with Tasha. We had a slow start but it turns out I’m pretty good at this game and we made a good comeback! YAY, Tash, who would have thought we’d ever win. Anyways, as much fun as the game was the company was so much better. I miss hanging out with those lovely ladies, the laughter never stops!

Tuesday – I had my first experience hanging out with my new roomies Megan and Jennifer. We went to a relief society gathering. There was a massive bouncy house for adults and a swimming pool. We all just hung around and tried to get to know each other. The temperature was perfect and making some new friends was good too.

Wednesday – The roomies and I hung out again. This time we went to Ichiban for some delicious sushi, I’m really enjoying living with them and getting to know them. I hope we continue to become better friends.

Thursday – My parents came over to my new place and helped me hang a bunch of pictures and stuff then my mom and I went shopping where I bought myself a brand new bed. Nothing too exciting but it was still fun hanging with the ‘rents.

Friday – Possibly the best day of the week. I was meeting up with Adam and Trevor to celebrate Adam’s dirty 30 birthday. One of our favorite hip-hop groups was playing a show. They’re called Doomtree, there are 5 members of the group who have all done solo projects as well, I had never seen them perform with the whole group only as solo artists. I was super excited!!! Before we headed over to Urban Lounge the boys decided to go across the street for the pre-drinking at the neighborhood bar. As we were walking through my old court yard I saw all of Doomtree just hanging out walking down my old street. I’m not kidding when I say I was like a little kid, jumping and cheering…. Needless to say, the boys made fun of me all the live long night! Anyways when we finally arrived at the show we grabbed our spot for the night and that’s when I saw my most favorite member of the group, who’s name is P.O.S. I was shocked that he was just walking around the crowded venue and nobody even noticed him. I went right up to him and asked if I could get a picture. As he walked away I looked at the picture and I was super sad when I found it was too dark and you couldn’t see either of us. A few minutes later I met one of the other members and she gladly took a picture with me. The show was glorious, I smiled and danced all night. After it ended we started on our way back to my old apartment when all of a sudden P.O.S. came up to me and asked if our picture turned out okay, I told him no and he just said “well that’s just not okay let’s take another one!” So I got my picture and had a night of happily ever after! Seriously though I’ve met him a bunch of times and he is so incredibly nice and grateful for the support of his fans. He’s the best!





Saturday – I spent my morning at the hardware store buying wood and power tools. I decided I was going to build my own boards for the game Mexican horse shoes, and I did! I later went to a BBQ at my friend John’s house with my two roomies and my buddy Brokk. We had a blast playing the game, the best part was that I beat Brokk hahaha! Then we tried to go see some baby barn owls that I had heard about but we didn’t have any luck.

Anyways, it might not sound like a lot but I love weeks and days like these. I love the simplicity of hanging out with old friends and making new friends and memories, it’s truly one of my favorite things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment