Thursday, July 28, 2011

California and catching up on other recent adventures...

I must say the last couple of weeks have been a fun adventure! Some of the highlights will be noted today.

To kick it off I went to see one of my favorite bands in concert…. Kansas!! Yes you read that correctly! I love me some Dust in the Wind!!! Anyways I really wanted to wear a sweat shirt and thanks to Ebay I was able to make it happen. I found an old vintage iron on from one of their tours from the 1970’s and made myself a cute shirt. I was impressed with my awesome ironing skills! To make the show even better it was at American Fork High School (they’re a big deal…. Obviously) on the football field. The people were all polite, there weren’t any annoying “scene” kids, we showed up about 30 minutes before the show started and were still right next to the stage plus there was fireworks, cottoncandy and my bff since first grade Dawn! It was basically glory in a concert!






The of course I went to the Harry Potter premiere. I even drew the HP scar on my forehead. I have to say I’m actually really sad that my tradition of seeing the movie’s opening night has come to an end.




Then of course I went to llama fest to support the Krishna Temple…




Last Friday I went up to Oakley, Utah and stayed at a new friends cabin. It was a blast! The views were awesome, we sang, danced, hiked, laughed, stayed up all night watching scary movies, we even saw a baby moose along with a plethora of squirrels. It was exactly what I night at a cabin should be. Finally when we drove home early Saturday morning my roomie and I stopped by Rockport Reservoir for some sunrise pictures. What a great way to start a weekend!








Sunday morning I flew to California for a mini vaca before meeting up with my co-workers for some board meetings. Watching the sun rise 2 days in a row can be very tiring! Anyhow my flight landed in LAX about 8:30 that morning so I had a full day to squeeze stuff in.

Since I’ve been there several times I wasn’t concerned about going to Hollywood I mostly want to hangout and catch some sun. I started my day visiting The Getty Museum which was beautiful. The architecture and gardens almost outdid the actual art!

I then headed down to Venice Beach and left pretty quickly as I had forgotten how much I hate it!

So I headed to my hotel in Irvine, the drive was perfect and relaxing. After checking in and seeing that my hotel was on Cartwright Street I went down to Dana Wharf where I walked around and looked at a lot of the boats and enjoyed some quality people watching. Then I jumped on a boat and went out on a whale watch. Unfortunately I didn’t see any whales but there was a ton of dolphins. I also so a pretty cool pirate ship and watched the sunset.

Monday morning I woke up early and headed to the PCH on my way to Laguna Beach. I was shocked how empty the beach was when I arrived. I kicked back and enjoyed the sun and everything that comes with being at the beach. I later explored a rocky area where I saw a bunch of cute little sand crabs. I grab some lunch at a cute little place off the beach where I met some sister missionaries who wanted to “share a message” with me, but to their surprise I’m already a member so we just enjoyed each other’s company for a short while.

The rest of the trip included a lot of meetings, great company, laughter and amazing restaurants. Then Wednesday afternoon we headed down to Balboa Island where we shopped, walked the boardwalk, enjoyed the views, got ice cream and just hung out before we had to leave to catch our flights. I was a great little getaway even if I was working half of the time.



















1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! I miss the west coast! Sounds like it was super fun out there.

    ReplyDelete