Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kristi Day

I woke up early for no reason on Saturday morning. I got ready and headed out the door. I wandered around downtown and found myself at the farmers market. I enjoyed listening to all of the musicians/performers and talking to a lot of the vendors. I got myself some breakfast and a new handmade fused glass ring before I headed home. I took a different route home just so I could enjoy a different part of my city.







I had a wedding to attend in Morgan, Utah that evening and I knew I had no desire to hang out at home on such a beautiful day. So I gathered everything I might need for the day and jumped in my car. I again opted to take the scenic route.





I drove to Huntsville where I hung out at Pineview Reservoir and visited the Abbey of Our Lady of the Holy Trinity Monastery. I have to say that drive happens to be one of my favorites ever! Spring is just hitting this area so the grass was extremely green covering the rolling hills and there were wild flowers everywhere. I loved that you could see so many bright colors for miles then in the background there was still snow covered mountain tops.









I then headed up to Snow Basin where I took myself on a small nature hike. I saw so many butterflies while on my short journey. I found a nice area where I sat and read a couple of chapters of Bossypants. I loved that there was nobody around, it was just me surrounded by nature.



I continued on to see the Devils Slide, which made me laugh as I remembered floating down that exact part of the Weber River with some of my best friends a few years back. I drove through a few other towns in the area. Before heading to Morgan. When I arrived still had a little time to kill before getting ready for the wedding so I stopped at a local pizzeria and grabbed a bite to eat. Then headed to a local park and walked along the river for a while.





The wedding was beautiful. I had such a simple and relaxing day. Typically when I need a day to myself I go get pampered and do some shopping. This was WAY better. I loved spending the entire day getting lost in my thoughts on life. Definitively one of my favorite “Kristi” days in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Very cool. And I love the pics, especially the one w/ the trees outlining that road all the way down. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete