Friday, December 2, 2011

Last week I went to lunch at Panda Express with some friends. Of course at the end of our meal we all opened our fortune cookies to see what was coming our way. See mine below.



“The coming month shall bring winds of change in your life.” This couldn’t be more true for me! I moved from downtown Salt Lake City to the suburbs of Murray in July. The place is great and the girls I live with our wonderful, but it has never felt like home. I recently broke the news to them that I was going to start looking for a place of my own back downtown. I’ve realized that I’m just not a burbs kind of kid. I like old buildings with weird nooks and crannies, original hardwood floors from 70+ years ago, random fixtures. Being able to walk to art galleries and local business. Call me crazy but this is what I love. So I started calling some buildings that I’ve always had an interest in but none of them had anything available. I put my name on a few waiting lists and continued my hunt.

Then on Monday afternoon I randomly checked Craigslist and found one of the buildings that I had called was listing a one-bedroom apartment. WHAT THE EFF??? Why didn’t they call me? I’m on this list!! I called immediately and talked to the Manager he looked at the list and saw that I was the #1 person, however there was a note that I wasn’t looking to move until January so they didn’t bother calling me. My thoughts at the time, “that’s because YOU said there wouldn’t be any openings UNTIL January!!!” So I left work right away to go check it out, knowing that a gem like this wouldn't last long. Luckily I was already on the waiting list because in the 2 hours it had been listed her had received over 45 calls. But guess what?! This little beauty is officially MINE!!!

It’s exactly what I want, meaning it’s weird and old. It’s one block away from my old place downtown where two of my best friends still live. It’s small but plenty big enough for little ole Kristi. I’ve never lived completely alone I’ve always had roommates or family so this is going to be a great adventure. For the first time I get to decorate how I want without asking anyone if it’s okay with them. I can’t tell you how excited I am!

Thanks cute little townhouse at Dufftown– You’ve been good to me but I’M OUTTA HERE!



Tune in next time to start seeing the makeover unravel. In the mean-time Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment